[THIN] Re: Web Interface across a WAN?

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:59:34 +1000

Hi

Im now confident a central license server would work..

What about central Web Interface server across WAN's.  Does anyone do this?

Thanks
Ang

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:52:49 -0500
Subject: [THIN] Re: Web Interface across a WAN?
From: gareese@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

When y'all setup a license server like this, did you leave the default port in
place or change it?  I am looking at doing this but I remember seeing something
about dynamic ports when left as default.  Just curious what you have seen in
reality.

How did you implement a hot spare license server?

Greg

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a set up like like this. 3 farms (US, Emea, Apac) with one licensing
server in the US(and back up that is a hot spare in a different data center).
Works great

Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 10, 2009, at 2:02, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Andrew

We are running License Server Version 2.0.0 (old I know).  Ive turned the
PNAgent automatic refresh off so this shouldn't be an issue.  Unfortunately we
are not licensed for Edgesite..  The document doesn't really provide any best
practices around License Server placement on a network.  Will test and see how
I go.

Does anyone out there do this currently?  IE have a CTX License Server across
the WAN from their CPS Farm?

Thanks
Ang

From: andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:09:39 +0100

Angela,

Page 17 of the latest WI Admin Guide
(http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX116590)
– or page 21 of the 4,5 WI Admin guide. Which WI are you running?

The WI servers communicate with the Citrix XML Service

WI Service would communicate on a refresh/logon. PNAgent would
communicate on logon/user request refresh & whenever you’d configured
an automatic refresh

There are advanced settings for XML Communication timeout –
I think the default is about 1 min

I wouldn’t expect a significant change based on what you’ve
said – but the latest Ctx Edgesight for loadtesting release has the
ability to launch Web interface connections – so you could test from
where you are now, and then test again from the states to confirm.