[THIN] Re: Web Interface Single Sign On

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:22:02 -0400

I found the resolution to this today.

Basically when we turned on the SSO option in WI some users would get an HTTP
400 Bad request page.  If you clicked refresh it would work.  Also if you used
the IP address it would work for the same user.  Other users could use the WI
page without issue

If you have a large AD infrastructure it is possible to have a large Kerberos
ticket.  IIS can't handle this without a few tweaks.

for IIS 5.0 for increase HKLM\System\CCC\Services\W3SVC\MaxClientRequestBuffer

for IIS 6 increase HKLM\System\CCC\Services\HTTP\MaxFieldLength and
MaxRequestBytes

We used 32768.

Hope this helps somebody else.

Malcolm