[THIN] Re: Web Interface Server upgrade query

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:56:23 +1000

Hi

The existing Web Interface servers use a centralised configuration.  The new
servers use a local config file.  Can I drop 1 of the WI Servers from the NLB
Cluster and add one of the new servers even though the config settings are
different (ie centralised vs local).  Or am I best to build the new NLB Cluster
with local config on both servers and then change the old NLB DNS entry to
point to the new NLB Cluster IP?

Bit confused..  Id like the safest option

Thanks

From: andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Web Interface Server upgrade query
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:42:53 +0100

I believe you’d be fine to do that Angela – configure the new
server with WI with the same settings as before – then introduce into the load
balance
set once you’ve proven the site works as expected with testing