[THIN] Web Interface Server upgrade query

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:04:06 +1000

Hi

Im looking at replacing our Web Interface Servers and need assistance.  We are
running 2 x Windows 2003 R2 Servers using Windows Network Load Balancing (NLB).
 The WI Servers are configured for both PNAgent and Web Access.  We are running
Web Interface 4.2 using centralised configuration.  The Citrix Servers are
running 4.0.  I will be looking at upgrading these to 4.5 at a later date.

Im looking at replacing the servers with newer hardware but still using Windows
2003 R2 SP2 with NLB.  I will be looking at upgrading the Web Interface
software to either 4.6 or 5.12.  Ive done some tests with both versions and
find 4.6 to be faster.  Ive done all the WI tweaks on 5.12 but still find 4.6
faster.

My questions are

1) We have 1000 users that use PNAgent.  I want to replace the WI servers
without having to change any client settings.  We use PNAgent client V9 and
V10.  Again I will be looking at installing PNAgent V11 at a later date.  WI
4.2 PNAgent config file points to:

http://CitrixNLB/Citrix/PNAgent/config.xml

Can I install the latest version Web interface software to the same path so no
client changes are required?

Are there any gotchas when performing a Web Interface migration to new servers?

Thanks
Ang

Need a place to rent, buy or share? Let us find your next place for you!
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/