[THIN] Re: Web Interface & Apple Mac OS X 10.11 "El Capitan"

  • From: Tim Anderson <timothylanderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:18:01 -0500

After the upgrade, Safari would go into an infinite loop and never render
the web interface login.aspx. When I opened a Private window it would
successfully render the page, after clearing cookies all modes work.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Weird, but why would you need to use Private mode to log into a Web
Interface site?

Joe

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM, Tim Anderson <timothylanderson@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same experience. I just
upgraded my person Mac to 10.11 "El Capitan" and web interface (5.4) no
longer functions normally using Safari.

I have found a workaround that appears to work for this version of
Safari.

1: Open Safari

2: From the FILE menu choose “New Private Window”
3: In the “Private” browser window enter web interface URL,
<http://mymobile.ssmhc.com> making sure the normal Safari window is not
attempting to render web interface (i.e. you entered the URL and left it
there) before opening the private browser window

4: Login normally and all functionality is as you would expect

Chrome and Firefox are unaffected by this issue.

Storefront is unaffected by this issue.

Thanks!