[THIN] Re: Web Interface 4.2 problem

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 07:49:32 -0500

there is a workaround for this. you can leave 2.0. Here is a link to the article that can get you working.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX108104&searchID=16916822

If you uninstall 2.0, you will have to re-register 1.1. The cmd line is (from the directory of the 1.1 framework):
aspnet_regiis –i

Good luck. It's not too bad. Had to do this with my DR box.

Minero, Hector B CIV K55 wrote:
Hi all, I upgraded to Web Interface 4.2 last night on a Windows 2003 Server.
When I configure and run discovery, I select "Do not contact any Web Interface Configuration servers" because the local Web Interface is the only one on the network.
However, I get the following errors:
The configuration file(s) for this site could not be read
The My Knowledge features will not be available for farm
Consequently, I cannot create/manage any sites.
I do have .NET Framework 2.0 installed on the Web Interface/ASC server.
I've also installed patch ASC400W004.msp
I wonder if .NET Framework 2.0 is causing the problem.
Any help is appreciated.