[THIN] Re: Web Interface

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:15:23 -0400

Try this...
To determine if a server is communicating regularly with the data store,
check the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CITRIX\IMA\DataStoreFailureTime

If the value is all zeros, the MetaFrame server is communicating with the
data store.

If the value is not all zeros, there is a failure of communication and the
local host cache is not being updated

If this is the case you might have to recreate the local host cache.
JK

>>> CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx 17/08/04 15:56:12 >>>
I think this has nothing to do with it, but here goes....

Last night, we changed our DNS to point to a Web Interface 3.0 box, from an
NFUSE 1.7 box.  This happened @ 9:30PM.  @ 1AM, the SQL server that houses
our Data Store, needed repairs and was rebooted.

This AM, I have found that I can seldom, now never, get my CMC to open.  No
matter the server I try to open it from, nor point it to.

Also, Web Interface, as well as NFUSE, as well as WIAdmin, barely open, if
at all.  Takes forever to get list of apps., then they fail to open.  SQL
server looks fine to SQL guys.  Rebooting it for fun.

Farm is MF SP3/FR3.

Seems like Citrix communication is GONE!

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320