[THIN] Re: Web Browsers in Citrix?

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:26:39 -0500

Both full versions of  IE and Firefox are a pain to get setup and all with
their profiles and settings and the what not. However the Portable Edition
of Firefox helps resolve that.  It can be run from anywhere, including a USB
Key fob and works the same as the full edition.  The beauty of it is that it
stays put ina single directory and updates there also.
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Instead of having to constantly new push updates out to our servers locked
down workstations  for example we just push out the updated folder for
firefoxportable.

Jim Kenzig
http://www.kenzig.com