[THIN] Way OT: X desktop display question

  • From: "Stansel, Paul" <Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:32:38 -0500

Ok, way off list but this group seems to know a little bit of everything :).
I have a home Linux box and Exceed at work.  I can make an SSH connection
using Putty, and have been able to do simple things like launch an XTerm
window by passing the X11 traffic through to Exceed.  Can you launch a full
XWindows desktop session?  I can't get it to launch with either kdm & or gdm
&.  My understanding is that SSH is limited bandwidth.  Specifically, I need
to be able to get to my Apache web browser local to the Linux box so that I
can... well... bypass the web monitoring that goes on here :).

-Paul