[THIN] Re: Way OT: Vendor access equipment on your internal networks

  • From: Jon Spriggs <jon.spriggs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:17:50 +0000

For a low cost solution, how about building a desktop machine up with
Linux, turn it into a router (extremely straight forward!) and make it
so that it doesn't route into your corporate networks (ie, it drops
all the packets that aren't going directly to the proxy or going out
through your firewall)

This is extremely simple stuff, and with it, you can provide full
access to the internet or tailor outbound connections to only specific
VPN ports, or ... well, whatever really.

I'd be happy to provide a hand if anyone needs direction with this,
but I'm not amazing with the iptables comands, I can just provide a
couple of pointers...

Jon

--
Jon "Four Star Gun" Spriggs AKA