[THIN] Re: Way OT: Scams and the Net was Identity theft scamagainst eBay users

  • From: jar@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jay Ritchie)
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:52:51 -0500

Or stay with the left-wingers and keep the government out of your
mailbox/bedroom/back yard/and urine.=20

Democracy and freedom unfortunately breed inefficiency (likely, but
manageable) and idiocy (probably more than necessary).... they are
simply a by-product of letting everyone take part. This mixture demands
personal and civic responsibility on behalf of the constituents who take
their (our) freedom seriously. By dumping that responsibility we also
lose a bit of our freedom vis-=E0-vis the bureaucratic control =
mechanisms
of the state. Those bureaucracies, which have accomplished quite a bit
over the years, have their place - but I would argue that email is not
something I want to hand over to either george bush or ted kennedy.=20

In Hoc Signo Vinces
-jay  =20