[THIN] Re: Way OT: Rack Equipment Labelling

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:52:06 +0100

>>> lboyken@xxxxxxxxx 26/06/03 18:34:38 >>>
> What are you trying to accomplish?  Remember, the more information you
> place on your servers or equipment racks, the more information is
> availble to anyone that walks into your server room. =20

this is true..
basically what i was planning on doing was labelling things like the import=
ant network leads, the routers/switches (especially if they have an ip addr=
ess) and also perhaps the kettle leads into the mains, as these are all on =
one level of the rack, in a giant mess. However set this up originally was =
in a hurry, methinks!

We have a visio document already, but its way out of date, which is whats b=
rought this up.

Andrew
--o--

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale