[THIN] Warning: R02 and those who script restarting Citrix Print Mangler

  • From: "Adam Granatela" <agranatella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:08:45 -0600

I just ran into this in test.  PS4.0.  I installed R02.01, then the
PSE400R02W2K3001 hotfix that fixed the problems R02 introduced (mainly
printers deleting 5 mins after restarting the Citrix Print Mangler service).

All printing works just fine, until the CPM service is restarted.  Then, all
printing seems to bring up the EMF Viewer for the client.  Using the latest
9.2 client, just downloaded this morning.  Logging the session off and on
fixes this issue.  So those of you who have scripts running to restart this
rats nest of a service every so often, watch out.

This server has no 3rd party drivers installed, and on my test session I was
printing to a printer using the UPD.

You would think after what, 15???  different hotfixes this year for the
Citrix Print Mangler service that they could release something that doesn't
add a new bug in.  I know, I'm asking a lot.  What I would give to make
their marketing people support this mess for just a day.  Let me tell you...

Adam