[THIN] WYSE vs. NeoWare

  • From: "Lich, Brian M" <blich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:35:22 -0500

Hello:

I am new to Citrix and the whole thin client world.  My organization is
looking at deploying a patient management system via Citrix.  The app is in
pilot now and performing very well in the Citrix farm.

Now that the application is going, I've been asked to purchase some thin
clients.  I was looking at either a WYSE client or NeoWare.  The problem
that I have with WYSE is that it communicates via an FTP server, which in my
organization is frowned upon.  So, I started to look into a NeoWare
solution.

What are you thoughts on both of these products (or any other thin clients)?
The ability to lock down the systems so that not just any user can change
the settings is important.  The ability to remotely upgrade the firmware
would be nice.  I think that both of the clients mentioned above can do
this.  However, I cannot use FTP as the means of communication.

How does NeoWare handle the remote firmware updating and security settings?

Thanks in advance...
Brian