[THIN] WYSE Terminal Connection Error

  • From: "Blackman, John" <John.Blackman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:47:58 +0100

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction
with this one.

Scenario:
Random users of the WYSE WT3125 terminal will attempt to connect with
their terminal to a published desktop.  The terminal is configured to
connect to "Standard Desktop" using the ica server location.  Ica is in
DNS and round-robins with about 6 servers.

Funny thing is though, the day after the terminal will work fine with no
problems what so ever.

It affects users on our construction sites (64K lines), our regional
offices (2 - 4 mb lines), and here in our head office (100mb LAN). =20

All servers are rebooted in increments of 10 minutes from midnight.
This issue occurs even when all servers are and running and accepting
ICA client requests.

Users very rarely turn off the terminal, just switch the monitor off. =20

We also have a lot of normal PC's running anything from Windows 95 to
Windows 2000 running published apps via NFuse and never get any
connection problems (unless something has kicked off).

Servers:
All servers are DELL 1650's, Windows 2000 SP2 + Hotfixes, MetaFrame XP
FR2.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
John

John Blackman
Network Administrator
IT Incorporated ltd.

[t] 01924 245245
[m] 07779 314 171
[a] Normanton Industrial Estate, Normanton, WF6 1RN
[e] john.blackman@xxxxxxxxxxx
[w] http://www.birse.co.uk

Britain "is not worth an old shoe"=20
- Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf=20