[THIN] WYSE Local USB Printing Assistance

  • From: "Brian Patterson" <bpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:23:28 -0500

Hello All -

We will be assuming approximately 20 additional locations and we are looking
for a good interim solution until data circuits are in place on our network.
We would like to VPN these locations in temporarily, but we need local printing
support as well and would prefer these to be attached to the thin-client.

We would most likely be acquiring WYSE 3235 LE's connecting back to a MetaFrame
1.8 Server for connectivity.  I have tried to attach an HP LaserJet 1300 to the
WYSE Thin via USB, and I have been able to configure it on the MetaFrame
server, but when attempting to print something it seems to spool the job on the
server side successfully, but the printer never moves.

Does anyone have local USB printing functioning currently that could shed some
light on this for me?  WYSE support has not been one of the friendliest places
(exception for one technician) to troubleshoot my problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Brian K. Patterson
Systems Administrator

This Week's Sponsor - Chip PC - The Next Step in Thin Client Technology.
Choose from a wide range of options offering industry-leading, innovative thin
client solutions
http://www.chippc.com/products/hardware/index.asp