[THIN] Re: WYSE 1200LE

  • From: "Brian Politis" <bpolitis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:20:06 -0400

The only pro, is once set up it's literally take it out of the box and
plug it in.  It downloads all configuration settings using DHCP and FTP
from the network.   This includes Citrix settings.  You create some
custom DHCP values and bang, the devices are connecting in great.

Of course they are cheap too.

If you are going to purchase a large quantity of them, and deploy them
as a published desktop they work pretty well.  For published apps, or in
mixed environment with other terminals, they aren't so hot.   For
instance if you only have 20 1200s and 20 3200s they probably aren't
worth the extra management overhead.  If you have 200 1200s and 20 3200s
then they are probably worth it.