[THIN] WI3.0 behind ISA, baffled

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:50:36 -0500

Ok, can't figure this one out, all the docs/articles I've found aren't
getting results.  Setup as follow)

Internet -> pix  -> ISA -> internal servers

Internet IP address I want to use for WI is 11.11.11.11.  The PIX has a
access-list to allow tcp citrix-ica and a static to map 11.11.11.11 to
192.168.10.45

192.168.10.45 is one of ISA's outside Ips

My WI box has an IP of 10.1.10.250

ISA has a protcol definition to allow TCP1494 and it maps it from
192.168.10.45 to 10.1.10.250 via server publishing.
ISA also has web publishing for port 80 for the actual WI interface
I also even added a packet filter for 1494 as an extra effort.

I set altaddr=192.168.10.45 and reboot citrix box, then I tried
altaddr=11.11.11.11 and rebooted Citrix.

In all cases, I can hit the WI site and login, but when I try to launch
an app, it never connects to the Citrix server and launches.  It's got
to be something basic, right?!?

There is some refence back for Nfuse in the template.ica to change
Address=IPV4_AddressAlternate instead of IPV4_Address default setting
but under WI3.0 the use of IPV4_Address is replaced ith
Nfuse_AppServerAddress, so I'm not sure if I need to use this or not.

In the WI3.0 Web page interface I set the default to alternate address
and specified a normal address of 10.1.0./0.0.255.255 for internal
clients.  The internal clients always work, just not the ones coming in
via PIX and ISA.

PS, I can telnet to 11.11.11.11 port 1494 and get ICA  ICA  ICA so I
know my PIX and ISA are letting me at port 1494.  It seems like some
kind of NAT issues on WI.