[THIN] WI and smartcards

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 08:58:30 +1200

getting kind of a weird one

WI5.1 with two sites on it - both direct - one has smartcard pass-through
for authentication method, the other has smartcard (NOT passthrough) - I can
logon to both just fine with my neutered user account. Have a user who can
logon to the one with passthrough just fine, but he gets "An authentication
error has occurred."a when logging on to the one without passthrough.

What does the security log show? why logon successful of course.

Event Type: Success Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 540