[THIN] WI 4.6 Discovery Issue

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:07:21 -0400

Hey guys

I'm sure someone here will have come across this issue before.

Built a lovely new test farm on a single server with WI on it.  Can use the
Access Management Console and discover my WI site and manage it.  I can log on
and all works fine.

Built a 2nd server only running IIS and installed just WI 4.6.  Created myself
a site using the silent install tools and can get to WI and log on and run my
apps.

Problem is how do I manage this 2nd site.  I can't discover it using the Access
Manager Console.  Have tried using the AMC on both this IIS only server as well
as on the original PS Server.

Hints and tips to look at?

Also does anybody actually store config in the Data Store or do most people use
a local config?

Thanks
Malcolm