[THIN] WI 4 /turn off Remember folder settings default

  • From: jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:55:49 -0400

I've seen a lot of posts for Web Interface 4 on removing the "remember
folder settings", since the default is now that the checkbox is checked,
e.g. ON.

Not what I need.   I want the default OFF, but the feature still to work.

The code in PresentationSettings.inc that I think is doing it is:
                  <input type="checkbox"
                  id = "<%=ID_CHECK_REMEMBER_FOLDER%>"
                  name="<%=ID_CHECK_REMEMBER_FOLDER%>"
                  value="<%=VAL_ON%>"
<%=viewControl.getRememberFolderCheckedStr()%>>

QUESTION:  I keep thinking IF
a. I change val_on to val_off it might leave the box off
b. I remove %=val_on% period
c. or I change the variable getrememberfoldercheckedstr

But I don't know which (if any) would have the checkbox OFF as the
default. (and I don't want to break something..which is what fiddling
with code you don't understand could do)

I do think the above is the right code since on saving the HTML page
generated the changes for ON and OFF for the checkbox are as follows:
In the page code generated you get:
Comparing files on.txt and off.txt
****** on.txt
                  name="RememberFolder"
                  value="On" checked>
****** off.txt
                  name="RememberFolder"
                  value="On" >
On.txt is the box checked ON, and off.txt is the html code for the box
checked OFF.  The word CHECKED seems to be what has the box ON, (if
checked is NOT there, the box is unchecked)