[THIN] Re: WI 4 and SSO w / and w/out

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:18:48 +0100

Well I've tweaked some of the code to move it off the visible desktop
area, and not restorable. I suspect with enough time it may be possible
to not have it running.

> Sort of curious as to why you don't want the connection
> centre -

Mainly because I think it may confuse some users, and be something of a
distraction. With the tweak above, at least I get around that.

As to the original thing (ie pass-thru and SSO using the Java client)
thinking of the way it operates, especially in corporate scenarios,
given how it operates with explicit logins, and that it can (if
switched) grab pass-thru / desktop credentials, you'd have thought the
whole enchilada is mainly down to how the web app is coded.

With that in mind, has anybody tweaked WI code to do this sort of thing?
When I get time I'll have a more thorough look through all the WI code,
and see what the difference to the client session calling is, when using
pass-thru, and when using explicit logins.

Cheers

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group
Limited or its subsidiaries. Please note that email communications may be
monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group Limited is
1st Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered
number 5059352