[THIN] Re: WAY OT: Kix script question

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:32:36 -0600

Chad, Chad, Chad, You just got my "Ron Oglesby: That's the Sh*t
award".... Anyway Paul, here ya go:

This stuff is the sh*t, as Chad said.=20
Anyway here is their piece from the help file on FOR EACH, You may want
to use the WHILE LOOP or FOR NEXT, depends on how the script plays out.

For Each

Action: Repeats a group of statements for each element in an array or
collection.
 =20
Syntax: FOR EACH $element IN group
     statements...
NEXT=20
FOR EACH loops can be nested as many times as memory allows.
=20
=20
Parameters: Element

Variable used to iterate through the elements of the collection or
array.

Group

Name of an object collection or array.
=20
Remarks: The For Each block is entered if there is at least one element
in group. Once the loop has been entered, all the statements in the loop
are executed for the first element in group. As long as there are more
elements in group, the statements in the loop continue to execute for
each element. When there are no more elements in group, the loop is
exited and execution continues with the statement following the Next
statement.
 =20
See Also: Do Until, For Next, While Loop
 =20
Examples: Dim $MyArray[10]
For Each $Element In $MyArray
  ? $Element
Next

$Root =3D GetObject( "LDAP://localhost"; )
For Each $Obj in $Root
  ? $Obj.name
Next

Ron Oglesby