[THIN] WAN links and farm

  • From: bbeckett2000@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:27:01 +0000

We've recently moved our servers into another farm. The datastore and license
server reside across a T1. We are all running Windows 2003 with PS 4.0 Prior to
the switch, we ran on the same servers in our own farm. License server was
local, datastore was local. Since the switchover, application launching is very
slow, even movement within the app is very slow.

Obviously having the db store and license server on the same LAN would be
quicker but should it make that much of a difference? How much data and
communication is going on across the WAN link with server in the same farm?
Servers seperated by the WAN link are in different Zones by the way.