[THIN] WAN Bandwidth?

  • From: "Chris Grecsek" <grecsek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:24:19 -0700

We have a remote site with about 60 people. We're looking to centralize all
the servers in our main data center and have no servers on-site. Currently
the site has a T-1 connection and we're wondering whether that will be
enough bandwidth to have all 60 of those folks connect over the WAN into our
farm. The site is running a pretty simple/generic application set - MS
Office, accounting package IE.

Also looking for a cost effective "fail-over" of the WAN connection should
the main T-1 gown down for any reason.

Any suggestions/input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris