[THIN] W2K3 TS Licensing in PER USER mode

  • From: "Davey" <DB1001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:35:24 +0100

Thinners,
(don't sniff too hard)

I run my W2K3 TS server with licensing on another WK23 box. I've got a bunch of
CALS  (Per User) installed and the TS lic. server activated. I know that the
licensing server won't show a decrease in the number of per user CALS  -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822134 .The W2K3 TS box licensing mode is
set to Per User mode (under Terminal Services configuration)

But is there anything on the client to prove that it's actually using the per
user cal rather than a temporary per device ????

Ta.

Davey