[THIN] Re: W2K Terminal Server Licensing

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:43:52 -0500

Interesting! Thanks.

________________________________

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jeff Pitsch
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:41 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: W2K Terminal Server Licensing

Licenses are certificates and activating the license server turns it
into a CA.

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com <http://jeffpitschconsulting.com/>

On 8/8/06, Landin, Mark <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        In the TS Licensing Console, just select the server and click
"Activate". Takes about 5 seconds. Not sure exactly what "activating"
does, but it's necessary (maybe activation is what "announces" the
license server in the domain or something .. I dunno).