[THIN] Re: W2K Terminal Server Licensing

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:41:22 -0400

No MS says Per User will be tracked but not enforced.  Per Device is both
tracked and enforced.  Just a clarification.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 8/8/06, Landin, Mark <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The per-user licensing for Windows 2003 TS CAL's is not tracked .. in other words, the "honor system". MS claims this tracking will come with Longhorn SP1.

Per-device CAL tracking has always been tracked.

Most people are picking per-user. :)

Regardless, you still MUST have an ACTIVATED 2003 Terminal Services
Licensing server running, regardless of what type of CALs you use.