[THIN] Re: W2K Terminal Server Licensing

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:35:07 -0500

The per-user licensing for Windows 2003 TS CAL's is not tracked .. in
other words, the "honor system". MS claims this tracking will come with
Longhorn SP1.

Per-device CAL tracking has always been tracked.

Most people are picking per-user. :)

Regardless, you still MUST have an ACTIVATED 2003 Terminal Services
Licensing server running, regardless of what type of CALs you use.