[THIN] W2K Service Pack 3 Registry Behaviour

  • From: "Mike Batters" <mike.batters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:42:38 -0000

Dear All,

I have had a minor problem after applying W2K SP3 to a couple of Metaframe
XP Servers.

After application the users registry settings have all defaulted back to
their original settings and the group policy appears to have failed
completely to correct this.

I half anticipated this and so I dropped a secedit /refreshpolicy etc etc in
the login script thinking that the policy refresh would prevent this from
happening, but no joy.

Has anyone else seen this and do you  know a reliable way of applying SP3
without screwing all the users registry settings,

Many Thanks in Advance,

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat