[THIN] Re: Voloview Express 2.1 on win2k/win2k3 and metaframe

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 23:44:42 +0800

Rick

Thanks, I will try setting the option you have suggested.

BTW when I was looking up the Autodesk user forums I came across a
thread which one of the users had been sent an email from Autodesk
requesting feedback as they (Autodesk) will be retiring Whip and
Voloview Express in the next couple of months.  The email stated that
Autodesk Express will be the "replacement" product.  One catch is that
Autodesk Express only supports DWF (out of luck if you want to view DWG
unless you want to fork out the $400.00 AUD for Voloview).

Thanks again
Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/05/2003 17:55:20 >>>
Hi Mark,

One of the gotchas with IM2, which can result in only a partial
installation
is that child processes started by the installer may or may not be
monitored. There's an option, normally ticked that's uncovered by the
advanced button when you start a recording. If you untick it, the
packager
will monitor everything happening during the install.

I just used the packager and didn't try the msi file because I didn't
have
time to use ORCA to modify the installation location etc. One
additional
thing to watch out for is that the installtion can modify the the
system
PATH into something useless if you're not careful. In our case, I
editted
the installation script so that everything behaved itself in the
install.

If you get really desperate I could probably copy the package on to a
CD and
send it to you.

Regards,

Rick