[THIN] Re: VoIP with Citrix ICA / TS RDP .... QOS conflict?

  • From: Aaron Simms <aaron.simms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:41:32 -0500

We are doing exactly what you want to do between the US, Asia and Europe.
We limit the bandwidth (number of simultaneous calls) VOIP can use on the
WAN using Cisco's Callmanager.  You should talk with a Cisco VOIP engineer
and go over your current bandwidth and let him suggest which codecs to use
and give you an idea of the number of simultaneous calls your WAN would
support.  The only problems we have is convincing the remote sites there
is a limit on how many people can user the IP phones at once. So far we
have not impacted our Citrix users.

Aaron

"Claudio Rodrigues" <crodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/08/2004 01:31 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: VoIP with Citrix ICA / TS RDP .... QOS conflict?

I actually have a large customer (one of the largest home builders in
US) doing exactly that with Cisco IP phones and Windows 2003 TSs. Not
even a single problem.