[THIN] Re: Vista is Coming!

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:30:53 -0500

For those of you supporting fat client, how has your Vista testing been
going?  Ours have not been so positive.

A few of my help desk guys having been playing around with Vista on some
brand new dell OptiPlex 745's we have.  Clean XP load, using all Dell
supplied Vista drivers where necessary.  Office 2003 SP2.

As long as they keep it as basic as that, things work OK, but once you
start trying to play around, things go south.  One guy tried to install
a new video driver (Vista certified) and it crashed the box so bad it
had to be reloaded.  Another guy tried to use UltraMon and it crashed
that box so bad it had to be reloaded.