[THIN] Re: Vista Client connecting to 2000 TS - TSCAL Question

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:40:56 -0700

Microsoft did away with the built in TSS-CALs,  Even Windows XP requires a
CALs (depending on when you purchased the XP License)

Joe

On 5/9/07, aarthur@xxxxxxxxxxx <aarthur@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I have a question with respect to Vista based machines connecting to a
Windows 2000 Terminal Server -- specifically with regards to TS-CAL's.

I am aware that with Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP Professional
clients connecting to a Windows 2000 Terminal Server, you are not required
to purchase an additional TS-CAL -- these OS's were authorized to receive a
free TS-CAL by the 2000 Server (XP Home, Tablet, and MCE still required a
seperate TS-CAL).

With Vista, are you required to purchase a separate TS-CAL when connecting
to a 2000 TS or is one provided for free?   If so, which editions of Vista
allow for the free issuance of the TS-CAL?