[THIN] Re: Virtualising CSG and WI

  • From: Kevin Stewart <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 19:43:43 -0400

May I ask what virtual appliance you are using?

We use F5 BigIPs to load balance Citrix sessions. They tend to be
pricey, but you can't beat the level of detail you get. The amount of
complexity we get in persistence and health monitoring is staggering,
and we're only just starting to scratch the service. We evaluated
Cisco and Zues before we bought F5, but the BigIP knocked it out of
the park.

That said, we're always looking for "cheaper" alternatives as long as
we can get the basic functionality.

Thanks.

Kevin

--