[THIN] Re: Virtual Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server swap file

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:14:45 -0400

Thanks,

_______________________________
Hector Minero
-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Pat Coughlin
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:29 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Virtual Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server swap file

In VMWare, the separate disk thing means a lot less to most folks as
all the disks go to the same storage back end.  It goes back to local
server storage and getting the max speed from each drive.  There are
some possible 'fancy' configs that could use separate (cheap/fast)
storage for page, but in 99% the data bottleneck, if it exists, is the
SAN connection and creating separate disk has no effect.  Ensure you
are using the ParaVirtual SCSI driver in your VMs and your are good.

Patrick Coughlin CCIA

//www.freelists.org/list/thin