[THIN] Re: Virtual Server / TS

  • From: J <jshaikh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:13:14 -0400

I have never tried in practical environment but in theory - this probably
can happen.

If you are hosting license server on a virtual machine, remember that in
virtual Machine environment - vm's - MAC Address is derived by running a
special algorithm of vmdk file location etc. etc. - so if you have
registered your license server with hostname and mac address - it might
change if that virtual machine is moved from one virtual server to another.
The work around is that once you have registerd the vm to run as a Citrix
license server you can edit the appropriate file and make the MAC address to
go static.

Thanks,

On 5/27/07, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i have run several.  No problems.  I don't put a lot of users on them
though.  I use them when I have a nasty app i need to isolate and only 10
people or so need it.  I also use them for testing apps and for sysadmins to
use to load all their crap on.