[THIN] Re: Virtual PC 2007 freebie released

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:25:28 -0500

This is cool.. I am having a hard time getting vista to install on my PC,
maybe I could get a virtual version going.
Jim

On 2/20/07, M <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Not seen anyone else posting this, so i thought i would mention it.

Free Virtual Pc 2007 released.
   Why are you making Virtual PC free for everyone?

Microsoft is investing strongly in virtualization technology for hardware
and applications across client and servers. The value in virtualization
technology moving forward will be in the management and the operating system
rather than in the virtualization stack.
VPC 2007 includes the following new features

   - Support for Windows Vista as a host
   - Support for Windows Vista as a guest
   - Support for Windows Vista 64-bit as a host
   - Improved performance compared to Virtual PC 2004

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/virtualpc/default.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en

--
Jim Kenzig