[THIN] Re: Video not working in Citrix

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:59:20 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Hi
>
> I really just need to be able to get video working from any Internet site
> via Citrix.

TBH, my answer to the requester would be: no. You will -never- get video
from "any" website working. You -may- get some working, with specific setups
for specific places.

Thin client setups are like that, more maintainable, more robust, with a
cost in flexibility. This is not a config issue perse, although I would like
to know what is preventing -citrix- atm (vanilla TS will stream, but its
horrendous)
ICA will only send changes in screen, but it was never intended, nor will it
perform well, with 30 changes in the whole screen every second. Which is
what video could do.

Id say, define what -needs- to be viewed, from where, and design for that.
And id wager youd need to bypass ICA.

Regards Richard