[THIN] Video not working in Citrix

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:03:05 +1100

Hi

I need to enable Video via IE on my XenApp 4.5 farm.  Im concerned that I may
degrade server performance as we have up to 500 users users accessing this.
Are there any best practices I should follow when enabling video?

Currently when I launch a video link via Citrix Internet explorer, Media Player
loads but then I get error "Windows Media Player cannot play this file.  If the
file is located on the Internet, connect to the Internet.  If the file is
located on a removable storage card, insert the storage card."

I can download the file and manually launch it on Citrix but it refuses to play
directly from Citrix IE but the same link works on my PC outside of Citrix.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ang

Get personal with Windows. Download a free gift for your PC.
http://experience.windows.com