[THIN] Video Emergency

  • From: Michael <indy019@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:51:48 -0700 (PDT)

I was just instructed by the CEO to get a windows
media video file to our users in the next 15 minutes.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get this going, but
apparently my job depends on it...

For a little information about our network, we have
branches with 512k pipes heading to Wyse Thin clients
from 2300 to 3600.  Each office has 25-35 users.  Our
servers are Dual 1.2 GHz P3 with 1 GB RAM that support
25-35 users each.  On the bright side, we did go ahead
and put WiMP 9 on each of the servers "for future
use."

I have not yet received the video file that I'm
supposed to have all of the users watch, so I don't
know the size, resolution, codec, etc.

Is there anything I can do to make this happen right
now?

Have any of you been faced with a similar challenge?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Saul