[THIN] Re: Very strange login problem!

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 16:30:31 -0400

Well there is still no clear explanation for this but this particular
user's problem was fixed by giving administrators full access to her
home directory.  Domain Admins already had full control, but after
adding these permissions, the app works fine.  The craziness is that my
other user's home dirs do not have administrators in the ACL list.

Before applying the new permissions, regmon and filemon showed no
access denied errors.

Paul

>>> wppad@xxxxxxxxx 05/12/03 11:57PM >>>

I am using seamless publishing...good idea on publishing the desktop,
I'll give it a try.  I use one mandatory profile for all users, so I'd
be surprised if something in the registry was causing the problem,
because 65 other users are running the same app with the same profile.

I'll give the desktop a try...

thanks,
Paul

>>> tuscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/12/03 08:20PM >>>
Paul,
This one seem like a detective case. Are you publishing your
applications seamllesly? If you are not, you could you try to have
this

user logon into your server using the full desktop, and run the
application? When you run the full desktop you may get some error
message that can give you few clues about the problemIt looks like a
security issue. It could be a security issues too, check the security
on
the executable. Are you using roaming profile for this user instead?

Marco Cortigiani

Paul DeHaan wrote:

>I've got a user trying to log into an Oracle 11i session.  When under
>her username (Nfuse 1.6) if she clicks on the published app it opens
the
>Win2k graphic...applies settings, you can see the login script run,
then
>it saves settings and exits!  If she logs in as someone else on her
PC