[THIN] Version 4 of my XenApp documentation scripts

  • From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 22:24:01 +0000

I am looking for people to test my new V4 versions of my XenApp 6.0 and 6.5
scripts.  I will finish up the XenApp 5 script, I hope, tomorrow and then
polish up the PVS script by Friday.  If you would like to test please email off
the list.  The scripts are FREE for both personal and commercial use.  I have
both signed and unsigned scripts available.

Here are the major items coming:

Add option to Save As PDF
Add support for non-English versions of Microsoft Word.  So far, the following
languages are supported for Word 2007, 2010 and 2013:
                Catalan
                Danish
                Dutch
                English
                Finnish
                French
                German
                Norwegian
                Spanish
                Swedish
Add an Appendix to show the Session Sharing items for applications
Add an Appendix to show major items for servers
Add a Summary Page
Add hardware information to servers (off by default)

General items:

Strongly type all possible variables
General code cleanup
Change $Global: variables to regular variables
Add a LOT  more Write-Verbose statements
Add elapsed time to end of script
Change all instances of using $Word.Quit() to also use proper garbage collection
Change Default Cover Page to Sideline since Motion is not in German Word
Force the -verbose common parameter to be $True if running PoSH V3
Add get-date to all write-verbose statements
Add setting Default tab stops at 36 points (1/2 inch in the USA)
Add detecting the running Operating System to handle Word 2007 oddness with
Server 2003/2008 vs Windows 7 vs Server 2008 R2
Add extra testing for applications, load balancing policies and worker groups
to report if none exist instead of issuing a warning
Align Tables on Tab stop boundaries

Fixes:

If cover page selected does not exist, abort script
Verify Word object is created.  If not, write error & suggestion to document
and abort script
Abort script if Farm information cannot be retrieved
Verify Get-HotFix cmdlet worked.  If not, write error & suggestion to document
Fix issues with Word 2007 SaveAs under (Server 2008 and Windows 7) and Server
2008 R2
Load Balancing Policies: fixed display of "Apply to connections made through
Access Gateway" and "Configure application connection preference based on
worker group"
If running Word 2007 and the Save As PDF option is selected then verify the
Save As PDF add-in is installed.  Abort script if not installed.

6.0: Fix ICA\Printing\Wait for printers to be created (desktop) policy setting
6.0: Fix output of Server Settings\Health Monitoring and Recovery\Health
monitoring tests
6.0: Fix output of ICA\Printing\Session printers\Session printers
6.0: Fix output from ICA\Printing\Drivers\Printer driver mapping and
compatibility
6.0: Add missing "None" option to ICA\Graphics\Image compression\Progressive
compression level

6.5: Fix WaitForPrintersToBeCreated policy setting
6.5: Fix output of ICA\MultiStream Connections\Multi-Port Policy
6.5: Fix output of Server Settings\Health Monitoring and Recovery\Health
monitoring tests
6.5: Fix output of ICA\Adobe Flash Delivery\Flash Redirection\Flash URL
compatibility list
6.5: Fix output of ICA\Printing\Session printers
6.5: Fix output and missing items from ICA\Printing\Client Printers\Printer
driver mapping and compatibility
6.5: Fixing the previous two items required a new Function
Get-PrinterModifiedSettings to keep from having duplicate code from Session
Printers
6.5: Fix the output of ICA\Printing\Drivers\Universal driver preference
6.5: Fix the output of ICA\Printing\Universal Printing\Universal printing
optimization defaults
6.5: Add missing "None" option to ICA\Visual Display\Moving Images\Progressive
compression level
6.5: Update for changes to CTX129229

Left to add:

Software inventory (which is proving quite the challenge)

Thanks

Webster