[THIN] Re: VSAT optimizations?

  • From: "Stephen Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:59:24 -0800

Not yet, FR3 is the next step. The stated benefits of FR3 have to do with
drawing JPG and GIF images in IE. This is actually not a problem with this
large VSAT installation because it has very high bandwidth available. The
issue is the physical packet latency going up and back to space. So FR3 may
help a bit with drawing IE on the screen, but the core issue are identifying
advanced Best Practises for dealing with latency to make the ICA typing and
feedback more responsive.

Thanks

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing