[THIN] Re: VPN Question

  • From: Christopher Wilson <christofire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 21:12:22 -0500

Doug, a big guess here, but something I saw in the past. You could infact
have routing problems if you have the same IP scheme on both ends. I had a
company that used 192.168.1.x as their datacenter network. This is also
the same scheme used by most home routers out of the box. Was a problem
when we tried to rollout VPN. Ended up read dressing the home routers to a
different subnet to eliminate conflicts.

Again, a guess, but your situation reminded me of that story. Hope it may
help.

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015, Doug Rooney <drooney57@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The problem with the VPN is it sees the other end but will not connect
Both sides have Comcast, I have Googled it and tried everything I read.
The server is 2008 and the workstation is Win7 pro
Is it possibly something needs to be configured on the routers?
Thanks

~Doug