[THIN] Re: VOIP/Softphone via Citrix Access Gateway

  • From: Saravanan Srinivasan <sarav2k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 05:54:52 -0800 (PST)

Yes I was referring to client link speed.

"Chad Schneider (IT)" <Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      Where did
you change between 256 and 128 bit connections on the CAG?

  You are referring to client link speeds?

>>> Saravanan Srinivasan <sarav2k@xxxxxxxxx> 12/7/2007 3:08 PM >>>

  I didn't any issue with citrix VPN and softphone with 256 bit. But 128 bit
connections are not good.
  Did you check connection logs on client...

"Chad Schneider (IT)" <Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      High speed, cable connection.  Not sure of the actual connection speed.

  Ironic.  We are using them currently, with the existing Cisco VPN.  They work
fine, once in a while get a chop to the voice.  This issue seems to be more
prevalent when using the Citrix CAG VPN.

  I did, recently.  Due to the need to have an IP Pool for use by the
softphones, we created a new VLAN, and connected the CAG to that, on the
inside.  That VLAN is then that which we are giving out the IP Pool addresses
from.  For fun, I then disabled split tunneling and behold, it works.
Authorized sites get out through our firewall, non-authorized are stopped.

>>> Saravanan Srinivasan <sarav2k@xxxxxxxxx> 12/7/2007 10:39 AM >>>

  What is the connection speed for the client? That makes a difference.

  you don't believe we are alos in the process of pilot now for the same
softphone config.

  BTW, did you get your earlier issue of getting to Internet using Corp
connection ?

"Chad Schneider (IT)" <Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      We are testing VOIP/Softphone run while connected via the Citrix Access
Gateway SSL VPN.  Multiple occasions, user with the VOIP softphone can hear on
the other end fine, but softphone user's voice is very choppy to the person on
the other end.

  I have the CAG set to improve latency for VOIP.

  I have the users configured to use an IP Pool.

  When the softphone user connects via Cisco VPN, no issues.

  Any thoughts, real world scenarios?

  The softphone/phone system is a Nortel I2050.