[THIN] Re: VDI - Windows 7

  • From: scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:37:12 -0400

My experiences with Win7 so far have been much more favorable than Vista.
I currently have it loaded on an old 1.0 GHz celeron laptop with only 512
meg of RAM and it's actually usable.  It may not be fast but it is faster
than my wife's newer laptop (not exactly sure of GHz ) that has 2 gig of
ram.  Even after removing most of the crap the vendor preloads on the
laptops, hers still consumes over a gig just booting up while the Win7 one
is sitting at a little over 300 meg.

Regards,
Scott DeLagrange
CIBA VISION Corporation
IT Global Supply Chain Applications
CIBA VISION Corporation
11460 Johns Creek Parkway
Johns Creek, GA 30097

"Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/28/2009 01:21 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: VDI - Windows 7

?Bells and Whistles? this that MS speak for crap and sludge?

Thank You
~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Manager