[THIN] Re: VB ??

  • From: "Moock, Jay" <Jay.Moock@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:45:05 -0400

Found this on the net somewhere.  It returns a boolean.

Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")

strNTName = objNetwork.userName

Set objUser = GetObject("WinNT://" & strNetBIOSDomain & "/" & strNTName &
",user")

IsMember("Group Name")

Function IsMember(strGroup)
' Function to test for user group membership.
' strGroup is the NT name (sAMAccountName) of the group to test.
' objGroupList is a dictionary object, with global scope.
' Returns True if the user is a member of the group.

  If IsEmpty(objGroupList) Then
    Call LoadGroups
  End If
  IsMember = objGroupList.Exists(strGroup)
End Function

Sub LoadGroups
' Subroutine to populate dictionary object with group memberships.
' objUser is the user object, with global scope.
' objGroupList is a dictionary object, with global scope.

  Dim objGroup
  Set objGroupList = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
  objGroupList.CompareMode = vbTextCompare
  For Each objGroup In objUser.Groups
    objGroupList(objGroup.name) = True
  Next
  Set objGroup = Nothing