[THIN] Re: Using variables in the application REG's

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:37:58 +0100 (BST)

Cool, nice to know some of the old tricks are still the best ;o)

"Henske, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Henske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just used this trick on an app suite that installed a few reg setting
into local machine. The install set a static path for user files and needed
to stay unique. We were thinking about installing into home directories,
but installing into their roaming profile via the subst command worked much
nicer.
The users are hitting the apps seamless and the only drive they see on the
server is their mapped profile. Pretty sweet.

Jennifer Henske
AG Edwards Technology Group