[THIN] Re: Using oracle databse with PS4. Will oracle continue to be supported ?

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:43:34 +1000

Hi Carl,

If that's it then someone at Citrix should be kind of embarassed ;-).

Surely they'd deal with something that obvious .....

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems
Level 2, 30 Little Cribb Street
Coronation Drive Office Park
Milton Qld 4064
tel: +61 7 32431847
fax: +61 7 32431992
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Author: Jabez Ming-Teik Gan MVP

        Community Solutions Content Disclaimer
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555568&sd=rss&s
pid=3198#csDisclaimer#csDisclaimer>

Article ID

:

555568

Last Review

:

February 25, 2006

Revision

:

1.0

        SUMMARY

        By default 32-bit software will be installed in the "Program
Files (x86)" folder. However if Oracle is installed in the "Program
Files (x86)" folder, programs connected to Oracle will fail to work.

        SYMPTOMS

        Custom programs will receive weird errors or errors that is
suggesting that it can't connect to the Database.

        CAUSE

        Programs will not be able to connect to Oracle if Oracle  is in
a path with the brackets "(" or ")".

        By default, 32-bit programs will be installed in "Program Files
(x86)" folder, thus causing this issue to happen.

        RESOLUTION

        Create a new folder "Program Files x86" under %systemdrive% (or
C:\) and install Oracle in the folder "Program Files x86" instead of the
default "Program Files (x86)".

        As following is the detailed steps:

        1. Uninstall Oracle
        2. In C:\ , create a new folder. Name it "Program Files x86"
        3. Install Oracle to the folder "Program Files x86"

        Note: Do not install Oracle into "Program Files (x86)"